This caslte was built in 1881 by Jean-Henri-Paul Ulens, mayor of the city of St. Truiden in Belgium. During the second World War the small castle was occupied by the Nazis and became part of a Luftwaffe airfield which included 3 runways.
Chateau Rochendaal was renovated and used as a residence for many high-ranking officers. After the War, the castle was taken over by the Belgian Air Force and used again as an officers’ residence. The site was totally abandoned since 1996.
Visited: 24 January 2015